306-5025 Sanders – a 5 minute walk to Metrotown!
Unit 306 is on the top floor in a completely rainscreened building. This home sits on a quiet tree-lined residential street and has two separate decks to enjoy morning coffee or a glass of wine in the evening!
The architectural items in this suite are unique and include rounded windows and vaulted ceilings. It is flooded in natural light from the skylights and the ample sliding patio doors – one in every room except the bathroom! Even more rare is the wood burning fireplace in the living room. For sale for the first time by the original owners!
To book a private showing call 778-558-5928 or book your showing online!
Top Five Things the Metrotown Area has to Offer:
1. Tons of places to eat within walking distance.
We have prepared a list of hidden gems we highly recommend:
- Indian Wok
This small family owned restaurant can be found at 5212 Kingsway – not too far from Metrotown or Royal Oak skytrain stations. The menu is Indian Chinese fusion and offers lots of gluten free options as well. The veggie pakoras are the best! The Lunch menu is amazing value with your choice of soup, main and rice.
- Paul’s Subs
Located just behind Maywood school at 4608 Imperial and a short walk to the skytrain. Besides serving a variety of hot and cold subs – we recommend the all day breakfast. Go here to enjoy a cup of coffee and the newspaper or a sudoku while you wait for your food. The owner does everything herself so sit back and relax while you wait – she feeds you well!
- La Forêt
Can’t help wishing this were a Tapas restaurant but nonetheless it is a beautifully renovated former auto body shop on Jubilee just off of Imperial. While retaining the warehouse feel, modern industrial decor is combined with indoor planters and loads of natural light to create a visually appealing space. They serve cafe fare, breakfasts, paninis and baked goods.
Part of the Glowbal group of restaurants, this is a reliable restaurant but we love the Wine Wednesdays where you get 50% off all bottles of, red, white and Bubbly and on Tratt Tuesdays, all pasta dishes are $13.
2. Lots of things to do without a car
- Deer Lake: Simply take a walk or run in the trails (trail map) which will take you in loops around the lake or rent kayaks, canoes or pedal boats to take a spin around the lake
- Central Park: Walk over to Central Park and run the trails (trail map) while stopping at the outdoor fitness equipment stations, feed the ducks, swim at the outdoor pool, play a tennis game or a round at the Pitch & Putt.
- Take in a movie at Cineplex at SilverCity Metropolis
- Watch the skateboarders at Metro Skate Park near Bonsor
3. Every amenity you need within walking distance
- Metropolis: Canada’s third largest indoor mall with over 400 stores and even a Walmart planned to open this Fall
- You will find all of your grocery needs at Metrotown including Superstore and T&T Supermarket and even doctors, dentists, restaurants, pharmacies, clothing – everything you can possibly need is offered at the Mall or the surrounding businesses on Kingsway.
- You will even find the largest library in Burnaby within walking distance
- Bonsor Recreation Centre offers weight room, indoor pool, programs, fitness classes, racquet sports and a seniors centre
4. Transit, Transit, Transit
- Choose from three skytrain stations spanning the Metrotown area: Metrotown, Patterson and Royal Oak Stations
- There is a large busloop at Metrotown so it is easy to hop a bus to the skytrain station from anywhere in the Metrotown area
- There are also buses that go up and down Kingsway to allow access to all of the shops and services along the busy corridor
5. Lots of planned growth yet to come
The City of Burnaby adopted a revised Downtown Metrotown Plan in the Summer of 2017 which allows for higher density of land for residential and commercial spaces. The City is moving towards creating a true downtown area for the City of Burnaby. So expect a lot more amenities and condos to come!
Metrotown Area Real Estate Information
There are three additional MLS subareas that are immediately surrounding the Metrotown area and benefit from the same amenities as those living directly in the Metrotown area.
Below are the median price per square foot ranges for the four MLS areas for resale and new construction condos:
Average Cost per foot of a resale Condo in Metrotown area:
Average Cost per foot of a new condo in the Metrotown area:
Please note: Not all four MLS area have new construction to offer.